Dental Implants: How To Regain Your Confidence
Tooth loss happens to millions of Americans every year for a variety of reasons, including tooth decay, injury, periodontal disease, or genetic conditions. While dentures and bridges used to be the only tooth replacement options available for these patients, at Elite Dental, we know that dental implants are a viable, durable, and fantastic way to replace one or more missing teeth.
Here are just a handful of the reasons patients love implants:
- They’re fused to your jawbone, meaning they intercept bone loss and stay permanently in place
- The crown used on top of the implant is designed to perfect blend in with the rest of your teeth
- They improve speech clarity and make chewing easier
- They can last for many years with ongoing, diligent care.
What is a dental implant?
Comprised of biomaterials, dental implants act the way your tooth roots do once they’re in place. After our dentist has confirmed through a thorough assessment that you’re a good candidate for an implant, during your initial treatment visit, the implant will be inserted into the area with the missing tooth, where it will stabilize over a series of months.
Once the implant is securely in place, you’ll come back to our office and we’ll attach a permanent, custom-made, natural-looking crown to sit on your gums.
Is everyone a candidate for a dental implant?
Most patients will be candidates for implant treatment, but we’ll need to assess your oral health condition and jawbone density for confirmation. If it’s determined that you are a candidate, we’ll discuss your smile goals and provide you with details surrounding your treatment options.
Dental implants have benefitted the smiles and lives of many of our patients and they may be an option for you, as well. Interested in learning more? Call us today and we’d be happy to answer any questions you may have!
Get In Touch About Dental Implants Today
- Rejuvenate your smile confidence & speech clarity
- Replace one or more missing teeth
- Counteract bone loss
- Enjoy your favorite foods again
- Protect surrounding teeth from overuse & potential damage.