Six Steps To Brighter Teeth With In-Office Whitening By Your Dentists In Wheaton & Takoma Park
Get In Touch With Us About In-Office Teeth Whitening Today
- Refresh your smile
- See predictable results that are quick, even, and safe
- Prevent tooth and gum sensitivity
- Have your teeth whitened multiple shades in 60 to 90 minutes
- Experience a brighter smile for many months!
Most people will tell you that they want a whiter or brighter smile as the effects of repeated tobacco use, drinking coffee or red wine, and eating staining foods eventually take their toll. The good news is that professional whitening, when done right, can safely, effectively, and affordably brighten your smile.
What’s involved with a professional, in-office whitening treatment?
- Cleaning– Before your teeth are whitened, it’s vital that we ensure that they are clean due to the fact that any plaque, tartar, or food particles between the whitening agent and teeth will minimize results or make the final effect appear uneven. To start, we’ll remove hard calculus (also known as tartar) from above and below the gumline before polishing your teeth. Many patients choose to combine a teeth whitening treatment with a scheduled hygiene appointment to save time and money.
- Selecting your desired tooth color– While many of our patients request minor whitening changes, other opt for a more Hollywood-esque finish. We encourage you to consider how much whiter you’d like your teeth to be before your appointment, and we’ll discuss your decision while you’re here. Keep in mind that the professional whitening gel we use can lighten teeth up to eight shades!
- Preparing your teeth and gums for application– We’ll ensure that our whitening gel is applied carefully to your teeth and place a barrier over your gums. Your lips, cheeks, and tongue will also be protected to avoid unnecessary irritation from the gel. As we work, we’ll discuss what we’re doing and should you have any questions, let us know.
- Whitening activation!– Once the barriers are in place, it’s time to whiten your teeth! Our dental expert will apply the gel by hand, and once your teeth are evenly covered, we will use a bright curing light to trigger the active ingredients in the gel. During this time, you’ll relax while the 60 to 90 minutes pass and your teeth are whitening.
- It’s time to smile!– Once your treatment is finished, we’ll remove the gel and reveal the final effect!
Thinking of brightening your smile? Call Elite Dental today to discuss whether this smile-brightening treatment is right for you!